If someone told you that beauty and grooming are only for women, their ideas need a revamp. Women are naturally more drawn towards beauty and all things aesthetic owing to the double X-chromosome in their genetic makeup. But, that does not mean men have to stay shaggy and rugged all the time. Grooming is essential to hygiene and for being you. It doesn’t make your less manly. In fact, it brings out the best features you possess in all its pristine glory.
Research shows that men who groom are found more attractive by ladies. Some men are content with only basic shaving and dressing up. Others even like trying the best of perfumes, shaving creams, best fitting smart clothes, shoes, wristwatches and trendy hairstyles. After all, they have to impress the gorgeous gals who prefer to mob such hunks. Such men have even earned popular monikers like Metrosexual Man, Dude, Dandy, Stud and so on.
· The most basic part of male grooming is shaving, which must be carried out regularly. Off course, you can grow a beard if it suits your personality. But, a beard needs to be well-trimmed and shapely, and not look like a result of you been ditched and sore. For a fine and smooth shave, most men prefer Gillette for its range of shaving gels, razors and blades. Not just shaving kit, Gillette is also a good brand for deodorants. The ‘Cool wave roll on’ and the ‘Arctic ice body spray’ keep you odour-free and dewy fresh all day long. Any woman is bound to get attracted towards such cool dudes literally.
· Using a smooth razor is essential to wound-free shaving. Getting cut and bruised during shaving and then covering the wound with a bandage shows that you are not a neat shaver and would project your naiveté, in addition to giving you pain or even an infection. The Gillette Fusion Proglide blade is an ultra smooth-shaving blade, specially engineered to give you a feather-like shaving experience and comfort daily. To have a mesmerizing shaving experience, use the Brut Musk Aftershave. It helps tighten the skin and closing the pores after shaving, in addition to having an irresistibly strong scent.
· Body odour is one characteristic which has a strong impression on women and can play either cupid or devil on your first date, depending upon the antiperspirant brand you have used. The Lynx Dark Temptation antiperspirant is both refreshing to the wearer and alluring to those surrounding him. You can now pleasantly evade the nauseating body odor.
· Not only for anti-perspirants, but Lynx is one brand which men should stock in their wardrobe for its amazing range of bathing and hair care products. Try the Lynx Excite Reinstalling shower gel and even the staunchest of damsels will give in to your charm. Such magnetic is the woody fragrance of this shower gel!
· When it comes to clothing, men definitely should not take hours to dress up. Ideally, men should go for minimalistic dressing without unnecessary accessorising. Too many accessories make them look showy, effeminate or a street rowdy. Labels are important especially for men, but a man can dress in simple clothes and yet look trendy, provided he moves with confidence. Very bright colors like red, pink and golden must be avoided by men as they look girlish.
· Short cropped hair looks the best on any man. Some men keep long hair, color them, spike them or even wear plaits. However, one must have such a cool personality and vibe; else they look like wannabes of rock stars.
· When it comes to watches, whether you wear Fossil, Tommy Hilfiger, Rolex or a simple watch, make sure it suits the occasion and your overall get-up.
Whether you are a simple rural lad, high-profile fashionista, sweet chap or a mature gentleman, basic grooming does not harm anyone.
Roger Jennings is a keen writer on beauty and grooming for men and women. He experiments with different beauty products and endorses the best to the readers. Lynx, Brut and Gillette are his trusted brands.