It’s not easy to get rid of pimples overnight but there sure are some methods that can do the job. First of all, you to be realistic. A widespread acne vulgaris cannot (ever) be cured in one night. In fact, acne often being a condition that is closely related to hormonal changes in adolescence it’s simply a phase a person has to go through and it will go away by itself in due time.
What you can do is reduce some of the embarrassing signs of acne, like the swellings, redness and discolorations. You can try to even the skin out as best you can so the acne signs don’t stand out.
But single pimples, zits and blackheads can be quickly get rid of in some cases.
Home Treatments To Get Rid Of Pimples Overnight
Since there’s no dermatologist or doctor that can help you get rid of pimples overnight, you will have to put your trust in kitchen cupboard medicine. To stay on the safe side,please take caution. You don’t want to ruin your skin.
Analyze your single spots
Is it a whitehead, a pustule (inflamed) or a blackhead?
Get Rid Of A Whitehead Overnight
A Whitehead pops up for several reasons and usually doesn’t need any treatment to go away. Irritated skin, for instance because of shaving with a blunt blade or a wild night on the town (toxins and smoke) are among the reasons.
Best overnight pimple cure: A good night sleep.
The skin regenerates best when sleeping.
Second best remedy: Toothpaste
Use ordinary, white toothpaste and apply gently on the spot. Let dry and rinse with lukewarm water the next day. Yes, a good night sleep is necessary again. Ingredients like menthol and alcohol can dry out the skin and reduce the swelling. It’s important to hydrate the skin afterwards.
Not recommended for daily use, but a natural skin scrub with sea salt can work wonders. Always massage some coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil on your face after the scrubbing. A teaspoon of oil is usually enough for the entire face. These oils are rich in Vitamin E and help regenerate damaged irritated skin fast.
How To Treat Pustules
This is tricky, since we’re dealing with inflamed skin here. Never try to pop or squeeze a pustule (or whitehead), no matter how tempting. Squeezing only increases the swelling and you might even increase the inflamed area.
Best Quick fixes:
- Lemon juice: rub some fresh lemon juice on the inflamed ares and leave it over night. The swelling should be reduced the next day.
- Lavender oil. Reduces the swelling and improves the quality of your sleep, thus letting the skin regenerate more effectively
- Honey scrub: scrub your face with honey and let it work for 5 minutes. Then prepare a steam bath and steam it off gently. Do not just rinse with hot water. The steam and heat will open the pores and make the honey more fluid. Now sweat will do the rest of the cleansing. Honey has anti-bacterial properties and is packed with antioxidants
- Smother your spot and dry it out. White toothpaste is an old trick and reduces the swelling. Or grind aspirin and make it to a paste with some water. Apply to the pustule and leave overnight. Aspirin cools the inflammation and reduces the redness.
Note: These methods will not rid you from acne permanently. They are quick fixes. But the signs will be less and you can ‘cover up’ your blemishes.
This is a little secret my mom taught me. She always treated my blackheads with scrub and a squeezing session. It hurt like hell, but it worked. Especially the ones on the edge of the lips are very painful.
Blackheads are dried whiteheads and the fastest way to get rid of blackheads fast is to squeeze them out. But it has to be done properly. The trick is to only use the tips of your fingers and slowly push them close and closer together until the little worm pops out.
- Check if the surrounding surface of the blackhead is red. If so, don’t continue
- Steam or scrub before squeezing. This peels ‘the lid’ of and makes it easier to squeeze out the rest
- Wash your hands before treatment
- Use skin care oil, olive oil or (best) coconut oil to gently massage the skin with afterward
- Go to a dermatologist if you don’t know how to do this.
- use your nails. This will damage the skin and may cause scars.
- keep squeezing when nothing comes out. You might be applying pressure the wrong way. Or the pimple might be gone without you noticing.
- squeeze too many in the same place (danger of inflammation). When the blackheads are very close together you might stress the skin too much. It’s better to continue your squeezing session the next day.
I cannot stress enough that these methods apply to single spots and zits. If your face is covered with acne you’re better of with professional advice and treatment.
Get Rid Of Pimples Overnight: The Bottom Line
There’s plenty more home remedies for acne suffering. And if you’re not comfortable with it, there’s plenty of good safe over-the-counter products for reducing acne. However most of these treatments only treat the breakout and visible signs and not the cause of acne. If you want to treat your acne from the ground up, you should realize that it all starts with a healthy lifestyle.
Eat healthy: Unprocessed foods, fresh fruits and vegetables, healthy fatty acids like omega 3 and 6, found in olive oil and fish. Take it easy on the meat, as meat is well-known for being treated with hormones in the modern food industry.
Personal hygiene: Wash your hands ten times a day and brush your teeth at least twice a day and half the battle is won.
Exercise: Stay active and so will your skin.
These measures will reduce the risk of acne seriously and if a pimple should show up, there’s a good chance that one of the above treatments will help you get rid of pimples overnight.
Did you find this entry helpful? Please share or like our Facebook page to get free access to our Ebook ‘Natural Acne Cure’ It’s crammed with valuable tips to get rid of acne!